Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Disneyland Paris marketing campaign for New Generation Festival



We had a look yesterday at the "New Generation" TV Ad but DLP is doing a unusual marketing campaign for the 2010 season. But first let's have a look to the advertising visuals that will be soon on Paris walls or french magazines.

So far there is three different visuals, only in french, and all using "new generation" characters. As you can see the characters are all coming down in parachutes and it's of course a reference to the parachute drop ride that will be part of Toy Story Playland opening next summer.





Then they've released recently a New Generation Festival trailer - a different one, that you can see below...




And some days ago it was the TV Ad that you saw yesterday in my previous article. Another shorter version of the TV Ad have some special 3D animation showing characters from the Incredibles which are not in yesterday's version...




But DLP marketing is doing more than they do usually as New Generation characters are also invading famous french TV shows! This time they don't use animation but characters like one can see in the parks - i.e cast-members inside a character costume. The first one was Mr Incredible who appeared in the evening weather report!..




Then it was the turn of Woody and Jessie in a reality show quite dumb but popular called "The farm celebrities"...




And finally Mike and Sulley arrived in another show called "An almost perfect dinner"...




By choosing another way than the traditional TV Ads what DLP is doing is pretty smart and let's hope it will be successful for the new season!


Pictures and videos: copyright Disneyland Paris

7 comments:

Marco Antonio Garcia- São Paulo, Brazil. said...

As much as I like the Pixar movies, still think that Vintage Disney is the best. They should bring Mr. Toad's Wild ride to DLP!

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo cute!

Unknown said...

Salut Alain!
I've been reading your blog for over a year. And I must say that it's great! Thank you for such interesting information and artwork!
Now I need an advice and I think you can help me)) I really want to work in Theme Park Industry. But I live in Russia and there's no theme park at all, only amusement parks, which is very poor! So I want to develop this industry in my country, but first I need some knowledge! So I decided to get a Degree in Hospitality management abroad, distance learning. Maybe you can advice any college or university? I already have a Degree in Tourism, so I think about Master Program.
Hope you can help me))) Thank you!

Alain Littaye said...

Hello Eugenia,

The best way to work in theme park industry IF you want to create an attraction is either to be a designer, an artist or an engineer. If you don't want to create an attraction then it's different, what you want to do may be of some help. Unfortunately i don't know any kind of University for that.

And about Russia theme parks it's true there is more amusement parks than theme parks in Russia but this might change in the future. I can't say a lot about this but keep an eye to the place/state where will be the next Winter Olympics, near the Black Sea. If everything goes well you may have a good surprise in the future...

Anonymous said...

I agree with first poster...I very much like the Pixar movies, but these characters simply don't fit with the ambience and theme of a Magic Kingdom park. Seeing them there sets a discordant tone. They are best kept to the Studios, together with some Disney characters like Stitch. On the other hand, having Princess & Frog in Frontierland would be fine.

- Tasman

Unknown said...

Thank you, Alain! I live in Moscow, but I'll think about Sochi 2014))

Anonymous said...

It's areal shame disneyland becomes more and more pixarland. please change the tactics disney!